If you have recently purchased a version of Microsoft Office and the question ‘How to setup Office’ is troubling you, then you may continue reading the article further. If you have purchased it yet, then you should note that Office is available to buy directly from office.com/setup. You may also find it in big box stores and third-party retailers. After making the purchase, a user needs to download its software on the compatible device and then install it. This is how the setup process of Office setup goes on. This article is helpful for those who wish to set up Office 365 or Office 2019 on Windows or Mac.
Instructions on ‘How to setup Office’
After you purchase the Office subscription, you can download and activate the product for the ultimate usage. However, the detailed instruction for doing this are given in the product packaging, but if it is not there, then you may read the instructions given in the next section. You will receive detailed instructions only if you buy the product from the retail store or from an online platform such as Amazon. In case you have purchased it directly from the Microsoft platform, then you are sure to receive the link in your registered email.
Office setup via office.com/setup
For clearing out your confusion on how to setup Office.com/setup, I have listed some essential steps below which you should follow systematically:
- Using your Microsoft account credentials, sign in to your account.
- Now, enter the product key/ activation code. (the product key ensures that you have purchased the product legally)
- Now, select your country/region as well as the language.
- Further, select the ‘Install Office’ option to begin downloading the software.
- When the Office setup file gets downloaded the next step will depend on which browser you are using.
- In Edge, you will see a dialog window where you can choose to ‘run’, ‘save’, or ‘cancel’ the installation file. Here, you need to select the ‘Run’ option.
- In Chrome, the file automatically goes to the ‘Downloads’ folder. All you need to do is select the file and it will start running.
- When the User Account Control asks for your permission to make changes to your system, select ‘Yes’.
- Now, the installation process will begin.
- Further, you have to select ‘Yes’ to allow the file to get installed.
- If you have followed the process correctly, then a message will appear on your screen saying “You’re all set! Office is installed now”.
If you do not see this message, then you must have made certain mistakes during the process. In this scenario, you can try to repeat the procedure altogether. Hopefully, your question ‘how to setup Office’ has been answered. If you are unable to set up Office on your device, then you must uninstall the older version before starting the process. Do not forget to remove the files from the failed installation of Office.com/setup, if there are any.