Taking screenshots has made our lives easy in so many ways. Earlier, if we required any information, we had to note it down somewhere or copy-paste the information. But, with the development of this technology, we can gather information and store it in a single click or by pressing certain keys. Taking a screenshot is as easy as we do it on a mobile phone. Although, the keys and methods are someway different on each device they all are easy.
Many people still do not have an idea about how to screenshot on PC. To clear out this confusion of users I have listed some easy steps on how to screenshot on pc. Hopefully, this guide will help you if you are a new user and want to learn the ways to take a screenshot on pc. So without any further delay, let us know how to take a screenshot on pc.
Ways to capture a screenshot on a PC
These steps are applicable on a Windows PC
- First of all, look for the Print Screen key on your keyboard.
- This key is usually labeled as PrtScn or something similar.
- After this, you need to press the PrtScn button to capture the entire screen.
- This action will place the screenshot on your clipboard.
- In case you wish to take the screenshot of just the active or foremost window, you need to press Alt+PrtScn.
- To select a portion of your screen and then grab it, you need to hit Windows+Shift+S.
- In order to paste the screenshot, you need to open a word processing or image editing program such as Paint.
- After this, you need to either go to Edit and click Paste. Else, you may hit Ctrl+V to paste the image.
How to take screenshot on pc? On mac
To capture the full screen
- To take a screenshot on mac, you need to press and hold the Shift, Command, and 3 keys altogether.
- Doing this will display a thumbnail in the corner of your screen.
- You can click on it to edit the screenshot.
- On the other hand, you can wait for the screenshot to save to your desktop.
How to capture a portion of the screen on mac?
- First of all, you need to press and hold the Shift, Command, and 4 keys altogether.
- Now, you have to drag the crosshair to select the area of the screen you wish to capture.
- Further, to move the selected portion, press and hold the Space bar while dragging.
- In the end, release your mouse or trackpad button to finally track the screenshot.
- If you see a thumbnail in the corner of your screen, click it to edit the screenshot.
You can also edit or save it for future use. Other than this, a user can cancel the screenshot by pressing the Esc button during the process. Now that you have learned how to take screenshot on PC, you can start this process now.